Chole Puri Recipe
Chole Puri Recipe is the popular North Indian Breakfast Dish, which can be served as a fulfilled meal in lunch or dinner. Some people enjoy it as a Snack as well. Chole/ Chickpea or Garbanzo beans is a versatile legume and it’s seeds are high in protein. Best combo of Chole and Puri. Here, Chole or Chana are simply made in the tasty gravy of onion and tomatoes and then served with hot and fluffy puri.
1.Soak the chole for few hours and then boil them in a pressure cooker.
2. Slice the onion and put in a blender. Blend into a smooth paste and keep aside. Also finely chop the tomatoes and green chilies.
4. Add prepared paste of onion and cook on low flame.
5. Stir the Onion Paste for a few seconds and prevent it from burning.
6. Stir continue till the onion paste turns into a nice golden brown color.
7. Now add finely chopped Tomatoes along with Green Chilies.
8. Cook till the tomatoes are little mushy and add all spices and salt to taste in it. (For exact quantity of spices please refer the recipe rich snippet below)
9. Add boiled Chole and mix well.
10. Cook for few minutes on low flame till the chole absorb the flavors of Gravy and Spices.
11. Chole are ready to serve with hot and fluffy Puri, Onion rings and Lemon Wedges.
Ingredients For Chole
1-1/2 cups Chole / Garbanzo Beans / Chickpeas
1 big onion- sliced
2 tomatoes- fine chopped
2 green chilies- fine chopped
1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri Red chili powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur powder)
2 teaspoon fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
Salt to taste