Sun-kissed Masala Dosa: A Delicious Recipe with Sunpure Sunflower Oil
Introduction: Masala dosa is a popular South Indian dish loved by people all over the world. It is a savory pancake made from fermented rice and lentil batter, filled with a spicy potato masala. To enhance the taste and health quotient of your masala dosa, we will be using Sunpure Sunflower Oil. Its light and neutral flavor will complement the flavors of the dish while providing the goodness of sunflower oil. So, let's get started with the recipe!
For Dosa Batter:
- 1 cup parboiled rice
- 1/4 cup urad dal (split black gram)
- 1/4 cup poha (flattened rice)
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- Water (as needed)
- Salt to taste
For Potato Masala:
- 3 to 4 medium-sized potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- A few curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons Sunpure Sunflower Oil
- Salt to taste
- Sunpure Sunflower Oil (as needed)
- Dosa Batter Preparation: Rinse the rice, urad dal, and fenugreek seeds separately and soak them in water for about 4 to 6 hours. Soak the poha in water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the water from rice, urad dal, and fenugreek seeds. Blend them together with soaked poha and a little water to make a smooth batter. Transfer the batter to a large bowl, add salt, and mix well. Allow it to ferment overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Potato Masala Preparation: Heat Sunpure Sunflower Oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, and curry leaves. Stir for a few seconds. Add chopped onions and green chilies. Sauté until the onions turn translucent. Mash the boiled potatoes and add them to the pan. Add turmeric powder and salt. Mix everything well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and keep it aside.
- Making Masala Dosa: Heat a non-stick tawa or griddle over medium heat. Once hot, spread a few drops of Sunpure Sunflower Oil and wipe off the excess with a cloth or kitchen towel. Take a ladleful of dosa batter and pour it in the center of the tawa. Quickly spread the batter in a circular motion to form a thin dosa. You can make it as thin or thick as you prefer. Drizzle a few drops of Sunpure Sunflower Oil around the edges of the dosa and a little on top. Cook the dosa until it turns golden brown and crisp. Place a portion of the prepared potato masala in the center of the dosa and fold it over from both sides to form a roll or fold it into a triangle shape. Remove the dosa from the tawa and serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
Enjoy your delicious Sun-kissed Masala Dosa made with Sunpure Sunflower Oil.